Ismae is not your normal girl as she is not only trained in the art of death but she is a daughter of death.
She was not treated well as a child due the fact everyone was scared of her because of who was her father (St. Mortain-Death). Her mother’s husband, forced her mother to go to a herbwitch for a poison to abort her as a baby. Her “father” was unable to have her aborted and so he took it out on her every chance he had.
Ismae does not like men and will do as the convent of St. Mortain (the Saint of Death) will her to do. She will kill whoever bears the mark of death and who she is told to kill. She feels like she owes everything to the convent because they took her in and made her into the “handmaiden of death” that she has become.
All too soon she is sent on a mission to watch Gavriel Duval to see if he is indeed a traitor to his sister the Duchess of Brittany. He appears to be nothing but loyal to his sister, defending her and trying to find her a decent husband any way he can. Ismae forces herself to remain suspicious of him as much as she can but cannot find anything to validate him being anything but loyal to his young sister Anne, the Duchess.
Ismae is thrown into a world she is not used to, for how can she trust a man?
Love this book! This book was 549 pages long, so it took me a couple of days to finish it, I was hanging onto every page and wanting to know what would happen. Robin Lafevers takes you back in time to the late 1400s and brings it to life. While this is a world twisted with the morbid reality of death and what comes with it, it is also a world that becomes alight with love! :)
Welcome to a world that is quite different from ours. Where technology reigns supreme and there is no such thing as magic. Something caused the world to change and most of the world is a great ruin called the Rift, except for the section that is the Colloquium or so that is what Glenn Morgan has been taught her whole life. She dreams of leaving her world behind for another world called 813. While she is making plans to skip a year in school so she can achieve her dream, her father has been working without stop on his mysterious project. She doesn’t know what he is trying to achieve, just that he became a different person when her mother left them ten years ago. Her cat Gerard Manley Hopkins is her best friend who she shares everything with and plans on taking with her to 813.
Kevin Kapoor is her unwanted friend and insists that there is some great conspiracy to the so-called Rift ( the world outside of the Colloquium ). There is a fence that no one ever crosses that separates their world from the ruin that is the “Rift”. As she tries to push those she cares about away, she makes a big mistake of sharing too much with a person she thought she could trust about helping her father. She is soon thrown into another place on the same world that lies beyond the fence. A world of magic called the Magisterium which turns out to be extremely different from the world that she is used to.
This book is an awesome read! There are two different worlds within one world, a world full of magic and a world full of technology. Jeff Hirsch created a complex world that is full of opposing forces. Love the cat and all the characters within the Magisterium!
If you like fantasy, adventures mixed with a charming love story, you will not want to put this book down! I read this book in a day because I wanted to know what happened and could not stop turning the pages. :)
Take a look into the wondrous world of cleaning with the newest cravebox! Surely there is something for everyone or maybe something someone you know may need. :D
- Spring Cleaning Cravebox information flyer.
- Disposer Care information and contest flyer.
- Woolite At-Home Dry Cleaner information and contest flyer.
- Box of Woolite At-Home Dry Cleaner by Dry Cleaners Secret, fresh scent (six cloths) woohoo at home dry cleaning! :)
- Sprayway World’s Best Glass Cleaner ( Ammonia Free! ) 4oz. YAY!
- 2 Gain Fireworks in Wash Scent Booster Samples (Freshens 1 load). Love!
- Disposer Care plus Bleach Alternative, foaming garbage disposer cleaner (lemon) 4 packets 4.9 oz.
- Disposer Care, garbage disposer freshener (10 treatments,lemon) .81 oz.
- Free Spot Shot Carpet Cleaner Coupon 14 oz and up ( up to 5.99)! :)
- Save .35 off any Sprayway coupon.
- 2 Save 2 dollars off Woolite At-Home Dry Cleaner.
- 2 Save a dollar off any one size Disposer Care Cleaner or Freshener.
So this is a good Cravebox and I am pretty happy with it. While I dont have a garbage disposer I am sure I will be able to find someone to give the garbage disposer cleaner and freshener to!
Love the Gain scent boosters, they made my laundry smell even more awesome than normal! ;) The glass cleaner is awesome and makes me happy that it is ammonia free! I was super happy to find biodegradable Spot Shot carpet cleaner with my free coupon and am excited to try it out ( my carpet needs it). :)
While cleaning is not one of those spring joys, it is a something that must be done! This cravebox has shown me some new products and given me more of ones that I already know about, which is really awesome! I was able to get this box for 13 dollars from www.cravebox.com in a drawing. You can now get this box in the instant boxes section for 16 dollars on Cravebox’s website. So lets all get cleaning…maybe..one day at a time.. :)
If you have not checked out cravebox, you should because they are pretty awesome! If you want you can tell them maxsmom08 referred you because they have a pretty cool referral program and contests!
As always, let me know what you think of cravebox!
Lets take a look into this awesome cravebox! You will not be disappointed, it gives you everything you need to have a girls night in!
- Tissue :D
- Girls Night in Cravebox flyer
- Warriors in Pink Powered by Ford information booklet
- Little Hills Bros. Cappuccino flyer which includes a dollar off coupon!
- Hills Bros. Cappuccino drink mix (French Vanilla) 16oz…it tastes really good!!
- Fruit 2 O bottle of grape flavored water! Yummy!
- Tree Hut Moroccan Rose Renewing Hand Cream (Certified Organic Shea Butter, Natural Moroccan Argan Nut Oil) 3oz…it smells really good!!! :)
- Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm ( sheer tint with SPF 20) .15 oz
- Ford Warriors in Pink Scarf! Pretty! :)
- New Girl, Mindy Project (Shows on Fox ) Nail File
- New Girl Fox Tuesday Nail polish 5 fl oz
- The Mindy Project Fox Tuesday nail polish 5 fl oz
- Nakedwines.com $50 Wine Gift Card ( Must have an order of at least $51 and pay 9.99 shipping).
- Zaca be nice to your body ( 2 Recovery Patches). It says to use before partying or other activity, pretty awesome! :)
This cravebox is awesome!
I am excited about the wine gift card, it seems like a pretty good wine site as far as I can tell! The Tree Hut Hand Cream is super awesome :) and smells really good! I am still looking through everything while drinking french vanilla cappuccino-awesome!! :)
I entered the drawing for the Girls Night In Cravebox, so I was able to get this box for 14 dollars; which is an awesome deal for this really awesome box! You can now get this box from the instant boxes for sale on www.cravebox.com for 16 dollars which is a good deal! They also have an option when you buy your cravebox to change where it is sent! I think this cravebox would make a really cool Mother’s day gift! :)
So if you are new to Cravebox, check them out at www.cravebox.com! :) Let them know that maxsmom08 told you about them because they have a pretty cool referral program!
Let me know what you think of cravebox!! :)
This giveaway is now over.
This Giveaway is only open to the United States.
Be sure to get as many entries as you can!! :)
Have fun with it and if you have any questions just let me know!
I won the Book and Beauty Blog Contest from Cravebox so I am able to have this awesome giveaway! A big Thank you to Cravebox!! :)
This Giveaway opens today and will be open until May 3rd at 12AM!
Click on this link to enter and see all the ways you can enter:
The bookmark will be one that I picked out to include in this giveaway because with a good book, you always need a bookmark! :)
Winner will posted on this blog and notified by email within 24 hours of the contest ending. The winner will have 48 hours to respond with shipping information. :) So be sure to check back on the blog and your email to see if you are the winner! :)
Congratulations to Madonna ! :)
Thank you all for entering! :)
Hi Folks! I am so excited to tell you about the newest Cravebox…it is beyond awesome!! :) Now lets see what is inside!
- Tissue! :D
- Cooking Light Selects Fast Meals Cravebox Flyer.
- Popchips Salsa tortilla chips (all natural!) 1 oz
- 2 Zone Perfect Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars ( 19 vitamins&minerals, 14g protein) 1.76 oz per bar. Awesome on the go anytime bar!
- 2 Packages of Triple Berry Newtons (2 fruit chewy cookies per package) 2 oz.
- Box of STASH Herbal Tea Sampler Caffeine Free with nine flavors! ( acai berry, blueberry superfruit, chamomile, cinnamon apple chamomile, lemon ginger, licorice spice, mango passionfruit, peppermint and raspberry hibiscus) 18 tea bags! :)
- STASH Summer 2013 Catalog
- Pure Via Stevia little booklet of recipes!
- A box of Pure Via Stevia (all natural zero calorie sweetener!) 40 packets.
- A box of Equal original (0 calorie sweetener) 50 packets.
- McCormick Perfect Pinch Southwest SWEET’N SMOKEY seasoning (natural, salt free& no msg) 2.25 oz.
- McCormick Gourmet Collection Blends Moroccan Seasoning 1.62 oz.
- McCormick Perfect Pinch seasoning blends little booklet with information on the different kinds of Perfect Pinch Seasoning Blends. :)
- 2 coupons for a FREE :) 9 oz box of Triscuit Brown Rice and Wheat Crackers!
- 2 coupons for a dollar off one package of BELVITA Breakfast Biscuits 8.8 oz!
- 2 coupons for a dollar off any one NEWTONS Cookies 8 oz or larger!
- 2 coupons for a dollar off any one LEAN CUISINE Salad Additions!
- 1 coupon for 55 cents off any Fresh Express Packaged Salad!
- CookingLight Fresh Food Fast Weekend Meals book (over 200 incredible supper solutions)! :)
This box is so awesome and the book was an extra because they only sent a 100 of the cook books out with the Cooking Light Selects Fast Meals Cravebox. :) I entered the drawing, so I paid 13 dollars for this box, with all the products and the coupons you get, it is well worth it! You can buy this box at Cravebox right now from the Cooking Light section on the upcoming boxes for 16 dollars which is still a really awesome deal! So if you have not checked them out, you should at www.cravebox.com!
I am really excited to try everything out while drinking some tea! :) Love tea and there are so many to choose from..it’s like an early mother’s day gift to myself! :)
Tell Cravebox that maxsmom08 referred you, they have a pretty awesome referral program and contests as well! :)
Let me know what you think of Cravebox!
Let’s venture into the newest Love With Food Box! :)
- Love With Food Weird, Wild &Wonderful foods with Andrew Zimmern flyer – On the back is a list of everything that came in the box and a little bit of information on each item.
- JJ’S Cocomels information flyer.
- The Good Bean Smoky Chili & Lime (all natural chickpea snacks) 2.5oz sample.
- OLOVES, The Healthy Olive Snack (pitted green olives with lemon and garlic) 1.1 oz sample.
- Mini Pops (Air popped sorghum grain) 1 oz sample.
- Buff Lo Dip, Creamy Buffalo Ranch Dip 2 oz sample.
- JJ’s Sweets Cocomels (one original & one sea salt caramel)
- Pollen Ranch (1g. fennel pollen) & a information card on how to use to make fennel pollen pork.
- Somersaults Salty Pepper (crunchy nuggets baked with sunflower seeds &toasted grains, 100% natural!) .5 oz sample. Mmm Good!! :)
This love with food box was pretty interesting, as they always are! It was curated by Andrew Zimmern this month, I was glad to see that there was indeed some good food items and not some off the wall chocolate covered bug..:D
The cocomels were awesome! I only had the orignal because I gave the sea salt one to my husband(have to share) :) and to say the least it was awesome! The best caramel candy I have ever had! :) I had to throw that in there about those, I am still going through my box ;).
The Love with Food Box is a pretty awesome monthly box! You get a little box full of new and different samples each month and they also donate a meal per box they sell! You are paying 12 dollars a month for some great samples and also helping in donating a meal!
If you would like to find out more about Love with Food visit them at !
Let me know what you think of them! :)